Nine of our members and partners volunteered at the Surf Show & Shine event run by Alexandra Headland Rotary on Sunday 27 September. Over 3,000 people attended – we were told all the volunteers did a great job in making sure that people were welcome and waiting times were minimised despite the Covid-19 precautions in place.
What other volunteering is underway?
Our members are also involved in:
- volunteering to drive the Children’s Community Bus for The Board Meeting Surf Charity
- assisting with the Mock Job Interviews at Maroochydore State High School on 29 October organised byMooloolaba Rotary
- volunteering at the RYDA Road Safety Education programs at Caloundra and Nambour in October & November
We are also investigating some other projects of our own or in conjunction with other Rotary clubs and NFPs including:
- A regular recycling collection
- Reverse mentoring
- A WorkLife Program to help transition the homeless to work
Learn more at our next online meeting.
Why not join us? We’d love to have you!