The Rotary Club of Sunshine Coast Passport (Provisional) is the proposed new, innovative Rotary club based on Queensland’s Sunshine Coast
If your interest is in serving the community, we want to talk to you!
PEOPLE OF ACTION
in an inspiring new format
It’s Rotary, but not what you’re expecting!
Why Sunshine Coast Passport Rotary?
Rotary members are volunteers who take action to create lasting change. Sunshine Coast Passport Rotary is a new type of Rotary club that encourages members to engage in service in ways that fit within their family, work and life commitments.
What is different?
- No weekly meetings
- Minimal attendance requirement
- Meetings may be online, in person or family friendly social events scheduled twice monthly
- Focus on maximising time to assist organisations that need help
- Expectation that members volunteer annually for 30 hours
- Fundraising only for club purposes, unless for The Rotary Foundation
- Any guest speakers will be to benefit the club, not entertain
- No meeting charges
What’s in it for me?
- * Collaborate with fellow members to create meaningful change in the community
- * Invest your time to create a long lasting experience
- * Contribute to suit your lifestyle and time
- * Work with Rotary clubs anywhere
- * Help out other non-profit organisations
- * Construct community projects
- * Develop effective partnerships
- * Pick a project to work on that you are passionate about
- * Empower leaders to take ownership of projects to create long lasting results
- * Be part of a team who want to achieve through service
- * Low cost
The greatest gift you can give someone is your time because when you give your time you are giving a portion of your life that you will never get back.
Sunshine Coast Passport Rotary wants its members to invest their time to create a wonderful experience for themselves and the community they are helping.
Make sure you give your time effectively and make a difference.
Sunshine Coast Passport Rotary – an inspiring new format
Meet some of our Members
“Rotarians are volunteers who take action to create lasting change – who wouldn’t want to be part of that?”Stephanie Kay, Interim President – Sunshine Coast Passport Rotary
|“Sunshine Coast Passport Rotary is designed for the 21st Century. It offers flexible, relaxed meeting formats and caters for the needs of busy people and families.”|
Ms Kay said importantly, members decided how much time to give.
“Unlike traditional service clubs, you only need to attend a minimum of one meeting a year and only need to commit to a minimum of 30 hours service work during the year.”
“If you’ve always been interested in a service club but thought you didn’t have the time, or you wanted a more flexible approach to volunteering, get in touch.”
Do you want to make a difference in your community? Then why not invest the time you have with us!
Investing your time as a Rotary member connects you with a diverse group of individuals who share your drive to give back.
Membership in Rotary is an honour and privilege that comes with obligations. When you join Sunshine Coast Passport Rotary, you join a worldwide Rotary family, who are united in fellowship to provide humanitarian service, to encourage high ethical standards in all vocations and to create goodwill and achieve peace throughout the world.
The ability of Sunshine Coast Passport Rotary to achieve its plan will be fostered through partnerships with individual and corporate financial sponsors and in-kind sponsors. Through these partnerships and sponsorships we will be able to address key issues within our community, deliver humanitarian assistance and change lives.
These blog articles will help your understanding.
Our FAQs attempt to answer any other questions you may have.
Get in Touch
Copyright Sunshine Coast Passport Rotary – All rights reserved